Weeds are always considered as a bane for one’s lawn and growing a weed free lawn might just seem like an impossible task. Yes, it is quite a difficult job but one can still achieve it by following some simple DIY techniques provided by Oklahoma City weed control.
- Hand pulling – this is the best and easiest way to ensure a weed free lawn. In case there are too many. It might get tedious. So, first focus on the ones that are on the verge of reproducing and setting seeds.
- Mulching – It involves covering the top part of the soil with any material that would block direct daylight. It is a method generally used to suppress weeds.
- Heating –
Boiling water – pour boiling water over the unwanted plants. This would shrink and kill the plants instantly.
Solarizing – It involves covering the area where weeds have grown with a plastic sheet. Leave the sheet on for a few weeks. The plastics wouldn’t allow oxygen to pass and heat would also concentrate on that specific area. Thus, killing the weed in few a week’s time.
- Limited tilling and digging – Tilling and digging brings up the weeds deep inside, on the surface, thus, promoting their growth.
- Crowding – Weeds can’t grow if there’s no space for them. So, grow your plants in such a manner that their leaves completely shade the ground soil disrupting the growth of weeds.
- Use Vinegar – The commonly used white vinegar works great in killing weeds. Its acidic content burns up he weeds when applied on them. It is an easy homemade way to get rid of weeds.
These were some of the earth friendly weed control tips to keep the lawns free of weeds without harming the other plants or soil. These tips by the lawn service Oklahoma City would help one in fulfilling the promise that they make to their lawns and gardens, that they would not let the weeds get the best of their garden. And, the best part, all this is possible without resorting to synthetic chemical herbicides.